||Retired after 25 years at the San Diego Supercomputer Center
||Principal Investigator, Science Gateways Community Institute
- Leading an NSF-funded center of excellence to provide leadership in the development of science gateways, bringing science to the web and democratizing access. SGCI has over 40 staff members, and has been awarded $15M for 5-years, with the opportunity to renew for another 5.
||XSEDE Extended Collaborative Support Services, co-director; XSEDE co-principal investigator
- Co-managing a group of over 70 staff members who provide extended support on a variety of cyberinfrastructure topics (with a particular emphasis on high end computing and data) to the national academic research community. Annual budget of $8M.
||Area Director for Science Gateways, TeraGrid
- Responsible for implementation of revolutionary community interfaces to NSF's cyberinfrastructure resources
||Director of Consulting, Documentation and Training, San Diego Supercomputer Center, UC San Diego
- Responsible for supporting thousands of researchers on SDSC and TeraGrid high performance computing systems
||Associate Director, Scientific Computing Division, San Diego Supercomputer Center, UC San Diego
- Responsible for supporting thousands of researchers on SDSC's high performance computing systems
- Direction of five groups within the Scientific Computing Division - Scientific Computing Applications, Scientific Computing Services, Grid Applications, Data Applications, Visualization Services
||Co-Chair, User Services working group, NSF TeraGrid project
- Responsible for user support across the nine sites in the cutting-edge production scientific grid project
||Project Manager, National Partnership for Advanced Computational Infrastructure, San Diego Supercomputer Center, UC San Diego
- Project management for multidisciplinary projects spanning 30 institutions with an annual budget of ~$35M.
||Chair, Resources Working Group, National Partnership for Advanced Computational Infrastructure, San Diego Supercomputer Center, UC San Diego
- Coordinate national HPC activities across four academic institutions.
||Associate Staff Programmer/Analyst, Scientific Computing, San Diego Supercomputer Center, General Atomics
- Led and participated in providing HPC support services to the national academic research community.
||Senior Engineer, Fluid Systems Branch, General Atomics
- Evaluated passive decay heat removal concepts for gas-cooled nuclear reactor designs.
||Engineer, Aerodynamics Group, General Dynamics Convair Division
- Performed computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis on a wide range of configurations including wind tunnels, cruise missiles and hypersonic vehicles.